Thursday, October 3, 2013

Devotion

One year ago today I took my girlfriend to go see Beach House. We’re weren't officially together then, but that concert was one of the defining moments leading up to our relationship. Beach House is her favorite and is one of my favorites also. The show was incredible, and they even played her favorite song, Heart of Chambers.
For a surprise Christmas present (which also included: an encouragement book found at Goodwill, a Threadless thermal, dvds for Black Swan and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (some of her favorite films), a mix-tape, and, of course, detailed instructions on how to open the gift (which was wrapped in an enormous box), I made her this unofficial concert poster for the concert we went to. The logo is an homage to the font from Beach House’s first album cover (as I love the font so much).
I wanted this to be something that very few people knew about for a while (as it was intended mainly for her enjoyment), but, after a year, I figured it was time to share (though I did ask her first).
Lastly, thank you Beach House for pumping out the quality jams that ultimately drew us closer together. We'll be at your next Seattle show. You can count on it.


Artwork © 2012 Jeremy Owen
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment