Monday, April 27, 2009

Hurt is Universal

I'm not really sure where this idea came from. I kind of popped into my head one day. I'd been thinking a lot about how the news always focuses on the problems of the world and that there are many serious issues even in our own country. The picture on the left signifies that: the girl could be struggling with an eating disorder, feeling alone and unloved.
The idea for the picture on the right came when we discussed child soldiers in my history class. What do you think it's like to be sent into battle with no experience or strength, afraid for your life and knowing you might never see your parents again...
© 2009 Jeremy Owen
Both of these situations are important in reversing, and they are real. They're not just a statistic or time-filler on the news. We need to do all we can to help these people, whether their problems be big or small.
Sorry if you don't like the seriousness of this post. I just needed to tell you what was going on in my mind.
I'll post soon.
~ J

1 comment: