Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"I Wish I'd Stayed...Too."

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
- Alexander Pope

I just recently watched Eternal Sunshine again. I forgot how quirky and dysfunctional it was. That may be why I like it...I don't know. I can never forget the scene where it boils down to a choice that was made, a choice that was the beginning of the end, and, when contemplating a do-over, there's this line..."I wish I'd stayed...too." That's where this one is taking place: I thought about including that quote in the picture, but, as almost always, I messed around in Photoshop enough to make the picture take on a different feel than originally intended.
I don't necessarily recommend Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: if you like conventional movies, you won't like it. I've grown so tired of conventional movies: same plot, same ending. Yes...unconventional is much more rewarding, when actual thought is put into a film, when the money is second thought and creativity is the main goal. Yes...unconventional is good.

© 2010 Jeremy Owen
Cheers,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment