Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weird WIns

If you haven't already, GO SEE PARANORMAN. It's by far one of the best films of the year. It's spectacular in its craftsmanship, superb in its direction, and has urgent, important themes that give it depth and resonance. I can't wait to see what Laika puts out next.

As an afterthought, there's a quote in the film that also appears in its trailers, a line that, over the past few weeks, I've really taken to heart and tried to make a personal motto: 'There's nothing wrong with being scared...so long as you don't let it change who you are.' It's hit so close to home with me because for the past several months I've really been trying to figure out my life's direction, and I think one thing that really holds me back is my fear of certain things, most often my fear of the unknown future. And it's difficult to overcome, sure, but I'm doing better all the time.
Thanks, Norman.

Artwork © 2012 Jeremy Owen
Weird Wins.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment