Monday, February 25, 2013

Rethink Violence

This is for the first round of Threadwars VI. The theme for Round 1 was Violence, but, after an extended period of time trying to come up with a concept, I realized that I don't dwell on subjects like violence often, at least not as a theme for something I'm working on. In accordance, I chose to highlight anti-violence instead (which the administrators of the contest said would work just as well). It's not as refined as I'd like (it was completed in a week (and in an even shorter period of time since I didn't have ample opportunity to work on it throughout said week)), but sometimes it's nice to crunch for a deadline. It puts emphasis not only on focus but also on the importance of subject matter (the difference between what is necessary and what is icing). Essentially, this one doesn't have an over-abundance of icing, but I think the cake, although partially faked, isn't half bad.

© 2013 Jeremy Owen
I love you all.
~ J

No comments:

Post a Comment