Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mustache of Doom

The theme this month for Threadless is Movember. Movember, you ask? Well, a link to their site can be found here. If you're too lazy to go there, here's the short of it: all November long, men (hopefully no women) across the world grow a mustache in support of mens health. Since not many people can grow an effective mustache, it's more of a conversation starter ("Dude, what is that thing on your lip?"). It's a word-of-mouth type cause: not many people know about it, but hopefully that will change. Any cause that uses facial hair to raise money for men's health research is fine with me.
With this one, I tried to come up with something that no one else would. This popped into my head one day, and I thought I'd experiment. It turned out okay, I think.
The theme is Indiana Jones type lore. With the statue, I wanted to convey that he was in agony (having people tread on his 'stache all day long), hence the strained expression and tear carvings coming from his eyes.
I don't have too much more to add about this one, just that I hope you enjoy.
Final score: 2.27/5

© 2010 Jeremy Owen
Cheers,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment