Monday, April 4, 2011

Rare Collector's Item

I wasn't sure what to call this one, so the title (of both the picture and the post) may be subject to change. This one was for a challenge on Threadless to come up with a design inspired by 'Noir'. I've loved Noir for as long as I can remember, and wanted to pay tribute to it in my own unique way. A friend got me a Christmas present last yeah that got me in the mood for this one: a hard to find copy of Frank Miller's masterpiece, "Batman: Year One". It is truly a work of art. Together with David Mazzucchelli's perfect visual style and Frank Miller's perfect writing tone, it's a great human story that fits perfectly into the Batman universe. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to The Caped Crusader, so pardon my obvious biased praise.
With the design, I figured a 'retro, collector's-dream-find' comic feel would fit nicely. It didn't turn out too bad, I think. Enjoy.


Details:


Shirt template:

© 2011 Jeremy Owen
Happy Findings.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment