Sunday, February 7, 2010

Not Much Different

This started out as a stab at more realistic representations of people, but I've come to the conclusion that I can't master that skill in one try. So I guess this will be one of many. The person is supposed to be Emily Haines, based off of this picture and Metric's latest album cover. I don't know what it is about drawing realistic people: I just don't seem to GET it. As one of my friends pointed out, it's probably due to the fact that I never had anyone teach me how...which makes sense now that I think of it. It's not that I've got to make them look more real: it's more of an exercise than anything. I enjoy my style as it is, but it changes all the time, and with it my perception of what my style is. I suppose it's just a matter of getting into "work on it as long as I can until someone finds my work and wants to hire me" mode. I should start writing a children's book or something, although the only idea I've been given for subject matter was a book entitled "Billy's Booger Blunders", a story about how picking your nose gets you into all kinds of trouble. I was a bit skeptic at first...and then I took a look at most of the children's books that are on the market right now, and I'm like, "Huh...that'll probably fit right in."
Whether or not you've actually read this whole schpeel, hope you enjoy the picture. It's not flashy, but it was, like all the others, fun to flesh out and a good experience.

© 2010 Jeremy Owen
Cheers.
~J

1 comment:

  1. "Yes, yes, it follows from necessity . . ." - Mr. Grimes

    Keep tapping into this vein. I think you may have found something.

    ReplyDelete