Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympics Recognized #1

I finally caved. A lot of people wanted me to do some Olympics themed pictures, and, after an incident involving cut brake lines and a rather ripe banana, I decided to give in. I guess it's a big deal around here because it's actually in the same timezone as where I live, and about a 5 hour drive away (if driving over water was possible.) I had the idea of sticking with a (somewhat) "humorous" theme with the pictures, but I want to call attention to the fact that this decision was before the luge accident involving the death of Georgian Nodar Kumaritashvili. I want you all to know that I would never make fun of a tragedy like that: it would be immoral. I continue with this theme, but understand that real and serious accidents happen very often at events like this, and it is never a laughing matter. My heart goes out to Nodar's family and friends, and hope they think of this less as a tragedy but rather that he died doing what he loved. Pray for the safety of all athletes: that nothing like this will happen throughout the rest of the games.
I did not design the Olympics logo, but I don't know who did, so props go to the guy/gal who did. I merely used it to better identify the subject matter.

© 2010 Jeremy Owen
Cheers.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment