Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sad Robot Face

This is an idea I have for a children's book. If all goes well, I'll have the illustrations done by the end of the summer, and maybe I can find some way to publish it. It won't be as colorful as the picture: this is just a tease for the upcoming project. I hope that someday I could do stuff like this for a living, but at the same time, I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I enjoy it and all, but it's got its costs. Drawing requires a lot of thinking about what to do next. I don't have an employer, so I constantly have to come up with ideas, and my brain has a complex for that sort of thing: I've got good ideas, but they fall apart quickly because I don't have the resources or the time to follow through on a lot of the ideas. That frustrates me more than anything: I just wish someone other than my family and friends would appreciate my hard work sometimes, but that might come through someday. And sometimes...I wish someone would appreciate me for me, not what I can do, because it feels like that's all I've ever been known for among people: what I can do. I guess I should quit moping now. Just know why there's gaps sometimes between posts. Here's the picture:

© 2010 Jeremy Owen
Cheers,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment