Friday, October 7, 2011

The Gift of Knowledge

Again, this is out of sequence in the order I've been putting out work, but I had to get this one in before the others. It's for a Threadless challenge called 'The Perfect Gift': the challenge is to design something around that phrase. I kinda went outside the box a bit with this one, but I guess that's good, right?
I had this idea sketched out a while ago (before this contest was announced). It had been floating around in my sketch folder for a few weeks, not going anywhere. There were many different versions (lots of erasing and reworks) and nothing seemed to work right. It didn't have any direction until I read the words 'The Perfect Gift'. What is the greatest gift you can give to anyone, something that your child or your friends or even a stranger could all enjoy and benefit from?
That's when it hit me: knowledge. It might be a little bit out of the box (in terms of a gift), but I believe the best gift you can give to someone is information that will help them in the long run. Whether it's educating your child about the Facts of Life, or comparing notes you took in a college course with your study group, or telling a stranger on the bus what time it is, knowledge of information is what we all need and can use in everyday application.
I'm going to try to keep updates as frequent as I can. Thanks for bearing with me.


Templates:

© 2011 Jeremy Owen

Vote for it soon here!
The Gift of Knowledge - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More
Cheers,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment