Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm Confused...

...and the reason why is because I have two segments that this could fall into. First of all, it is a "Barrage from the Past" piece, since it is a drawing from 2008. On the flipside, I've started a segment that is called "A Showcase of Bands," so it could also fit into that category. Sometimes things don't work out as you expect them to.
Anyway, I'm sure you've noticed (if you are up to date with current musical acts) that today's picture is of The White Stripes. I can say that while I appreciate some of Jack White's guitar riffs, and the fact that the band consists only of him and his wife Meg, I can't exclusively say that I'm a huge fan of their music. I like some of it, but most of it is a little too...'interesting' for me. While having two people in your band could be considered 'impressive,' since they have become quite popular in some circles, the quality of their music is often lacking that special something (cough cough...Bass...cough cough.)
I do enjoy some of their promotional pictures that are included in their albums and for publicity: the red, white, and black color pallet is very interesting (the way that they use it...for the most part.)
I guess those are the reasons I drew the band. If I think of any more, I'll edit this post (not that you'd notice any differences since only approximately 7½ people visit this blog.)
Also, my videocard is getting worse. This could be the last post you see for a while. If I post again soon, you'll be reading that same sentence again. We'll see how long it holds out.
© 2008 Jeremy Owen

I'll try to post soon?
~J

1 comment: