Sunday, June 20, 2010

"I'm Just Passing Through..."

I'm proud of myself, and it's likely the first time. I started this one at work, on break, and didn't use any pencil. I've been listening to a lot of Thrice: look 'em up if you don't know who they are. The lyrical content is amazing, and the music varies enough to keep me coming back for more (their music can be anything from headbangingly heavy to slow and melodic to strange and experimental...I love it). The lead singer, Dustin Kensrue, has a great voice (one which I wish I could mimic), and his visual aesthetic is strong and enjoyable to flesh out. He has accomplished beard growing abilities, and wears flannel effectively, both of which I wish I could pull off (maybe one day). This one's kind of a step away from what I normally do. It was hard for me not to use color, but I felt it would be better as monochrome as possible. I'm learning how to incorporate new things into my work each time I sit down to finish a new picture, and it's great to try new things (like when I first had decent sushi...man, that stuff is delicious). Working more hours during the summer makes me even more tired than usual (plus staying up late and having more time to get out and do stuff with people too), but I'll another one up in a few days. Hope you like this one. I do.

© 2010 Jeremy Owen

P.S. Here's some Thrice for you to listen to. These are my favorites from them (as of right now):



Cheers,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment