Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Barrage from the Past: Day 1

For the next several days, I'll be posting pictures that I've drawn not-so-recently, all of which (I think) are from last year at the latest. It'll give you a look into a time when my drawing skills and style were still developing. I'll start with this guy. I'm not sure where this one came from: probably after watching some boxing movie like Cinderella Man I just got inspired. I wanted it to take the look of a trading card your grandpa had when he was a boy: beaten up, torn around the edges, but worth $15,000 if you were to find the right buyer. It was drawn significantly big on paper, so I didn't want to attemt coloring it with markers (as back then I didn't yet have Photoshop). But I was able to come up with a close idea of how I invisioned it would look in my mind (post-Photoshop).

Original:

Colored:

© 2008 Jeremy Owen

Enjoy.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment