Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Barrage from the Past: Day 5

I've always liked costume balls...mostly looking at them from a distance, but participation in one every once in a while is ok too. I decided to try my hand at a costume idea, not for myself obviously but just as an excercise to try and draw (again) something new I hadn't tried before. There are so many little details that I loved putting into this one. You may not notice it at first, but if you look closely at the dress, the sequin pattern maps out a face on the left side. I loved the mask the best though. I thought about having it equal sizes on both sides, but as part of a happy accident, I didn't draw it so, and I like it better uneven. I just recently did a colored version for fun, and it turned out ok.

Original:


Colored:

© 2008-09 Jeremy Owen
See you on Memorial Day.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment