Sunday, December 6, 2009

"What Kind of Insufferable Fool Drops a Hotdog?"

I recently sat down and watched "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" again, and I must admit I still adore it. Dustin Hoffman is still a great actor in my opinion, and the randomness of the film only adds to that: almost everything in the movie overflows with imagination and fun. I was inspired by the style and look of the film: very uppity and colorful, and the design for Magorium was great. The part of the movie I decided to capture is a sad one *spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it*, the part where Magorium chooses to die peacefully after a long and wonderful life. It's not my favorite part, but it's the emotional apex for the film (aside from the ending) and challenged me to do some things I hadn't done before in my work.
Enjoy.
© 2009 Jeremy Owen
Cheers.
~J

1 comment: